Head out to support your local farmer and enjoy a 45 minute informative tour of the dairy farm. Dakin Dairy Farms is the only milk bottler in Florida that can offer you the rare treat of experiencing fresh milk that is 100% produced and bottled right on the farm.
You can see the cows being milked, and follow the milk trail into the Milk Plant where you will see the whole process of pasteurization and the bottling of the “Farm Fresh” milk. You may also take a hayride a little deeper into the farm to complete your farm experience.
Due to the summer heat the touring season is open from fall to spring. The touring season opens every year around Halloween weekend.
Here are some of the attractions as specified on dakindairyfarms.com for you and your family to enjoy during your visit to the farm.
• Maze: Get Lost in the Maze (every fall season Oct. 31-Jan.?)
• Hay Ride: Take an “old fashioned” hayride a little deeper into the farm to complete your “farm experience”.
• Cow Train: Little farmers will be thrilled to ride the cow train.
• Our Farm Market features local homemade ICE CREAM, HONEY from local bees, plus assorted items for gift baskets.
• Feed the goats & watch them race up the “goat walk.”
• Visit our Animal Barn and Hen House.
• Relax in our Courtyard Area under the oak hammock.
• Squeal at the pigs as they race at Squealer Field.
• Bon Fire Area: You can purchase Marshmallows and Hotdogs to roast at the campfire.
• Hay Tunnels: Crawl your way through the hay tunnels.
• Mooternity: If your timing is just right you might see a calf being born.
• Fossil Dig: Kids – dig around and look for fossil shells & sharks teeth. See what’s been excavated 20 miles from our farm.
Dakin Dairy Farms
30771 Betts Road
Myakka City FL 34251