There’s no shortage of Cortez Fishing Village seafood restaurants to try out while visiting the area. This is one of the oldest working fishing villages in the United States. So therefore, the large selection of seafood restaurants is no surprise.
7 Cortez Fishing Village Seafood Restaurants
Here is the list of all the seafood restaurants in Cortez. Try one, or try them all!
Starfish Company might be the most popular choice among locals. This is both a restaurant and market serving fresh off the boat seafood. Starfish Company began in the 1920’s, and is now owned by the Bell family of A.P. Bell Fish Company. You’ll find simply prepared old Florida style seafood dishes. The menu here really allows the seafood to speak for itself. Starfish is cash only! Order at the counter, and wait at one of the dockside tables looking over Sarasota Bay. You’ll also enjoy views of the docked fishing boats for an authentic seafood restaurant experience.
12306 46th Ave W
Cortez Fl, 34215
This is the sister restaurant to Starfish. Here you’ll find the same great quality seafood and a similarly charming atmosphere. The menu at Tide Tables is a bit more modern, and has a different selection of offerings than Starfish. Enjoy views of the Intracoastal Waterway along with outdoor dining. 12507 Cortez Rd W Cortez, Florida
Another great option for fresh seafood, you’ll love Swordfish Grill. In addition to seafood, you’ll find chicken, ribs and a little something for everyone. The restaurant is casual, but the menu does also have some nicer items. Swordfish offers dock side dining, live music and a full service bar. You can come by car or dock your boat too!
4628 119th St W.
Cortez, FL 34215
Right next door to Swordfish Grill you’ll find Cortez Kitchen. The menu here has old fashioned Florida favorites with shrimp, scallops, grouper and mahi. Find southern favorites like grits, hush puppies and fried okra. This is a laid back restaurant that offers outdoor dining on the water in addition to live music.
4528 119th Street W,
Cortez, FL 34215
The Seafood Shack has been operating since the 1970’s, but in the past few years has upgraded their facility and menu. Not only is the Seafood Shack a great restaurant, but they offer a nice marina too. Seafood Shack has fish, scallops, salads and also an option to bring in your own fresh catch. Enjoy indoor or outdoor dining, boat docks, catering and banquet facilities. You could even host a wedding here.
4110 127th St W
Cortez, FL 34215
Further inland you’ll come upon O’Shucks. Here you’ll find a raw oyster bar along with many local seafood favorites such as smoked mullet. In addition to raw oysters they have Rockefeller and fried options. O’Shucks has a nice selection of beers and some outdoor seating is also available. 12012 Cortez Rd W Cortez, Florida
Anna Maria Oyster Bar
On the far inland edge of Cortez Village you’ll find the always popular Anna Maria Oyster Bar. They have a large menu with just about anything you could want. The prices here are very reasonable. Enjoy quality service and a consistent quality of food every time you dine. Anna Maria Oyster Bar also offers early bird specials.
6696 Cortez Road,
Bradenton, FL 34210
For a fantastic Florida dining experience try out one of these great Cortez Fishing Village Seafood Restaurants!
Restaurants Anna Maria – Boating is a hugely popular recreational activity in Florida, and Anna Maria Island is no exception to this rule. With the island situated on the Gulf of Mexico, Tampa Bay and Sarasota Bay there are plenty of fun spots on the water to explore. If you get hungry during your boating excursion many waterfront restaurants offer boat parking so you can dock and dine.
Below is a list of the top 15 restaurants to visit by boat in Anna Maria Island, Cortez Fishing Village, Longboat Key and Bradenton. Click on the links to learn more about these great dock and dine destinations.
Anna Maria Island – Bradenton Beach
1. Bridge Tender Inn – Located in Bradenton Beach just south of the City Pier, the Bridge Tender Inn is located right on Sarasota Bay for beautiful views of the Intracoastal and Cortez Fishing Village. The Bridge Tender Inn offers both indoor and outdoor dining along with a full service bar. Enjoy live music, delicious food and great views from this old Florida style locals favorite hangout. Pull your boat up to the dingy dock right out front, or you could even step right out of a kayak into the outdoor dining area! Coordinates: 27°27’55.2″N 82°41’48.0″W
2. Anna Maria Oyster Bar (AMOB) – AMOB is located at the base of the Bradenton Beach City Pier south of the Cortez Bridge. The pier offers a public day dock for anyone looking to visit both the pier and Bridge Street. Day dock space can sometimes be crowded with boats, but is convenient for those looking to dock and dine or sight see on Bradenton Beach. Find great views, delicious fresh seafood, a full service bar and friendly service at AMOB. Bonus stops: after you park your boat, you can walk down Bridge Street to many restaurants including The Bridge Tender Inn, Island Creperie, The Blue Marlin, Island Time Bar and Grill, Freckled Fin, The Bridge Street Bistro, or the Beach House Restaurant right on the gulf. Coordinates: 27°27’59.1″N 82°41’39.9″W
Anna Maria Island – Anna Maria
3. Anna Maria City Pier – located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, the city pier overlooks Tampa Bay and the Skyway Bridge. The Pier offers a little of something for everyone to eat, and also offers a jewelry shop to peruse. Toward the end of the pier, near the restauarnt, there is a spot for boats to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°32’04.2″N 82°43’49.7″W
4. Rod and Reel Pier – A favorite spot of Anna Maria locals for a cold beer and fresh seafood, the Rod and Reel Pier has great food serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll enjoy gorgeous views of Tampa Bay and the northern end of the island. Come by boat, and take a load off at this great old Florida restaurant perfect for a dock and dine excursion. Coordinates: 27°32’18.2″N 82°44’21.5″W
5. Ocean Star – Ocean Star is an excellent Japanese restaurant in the city of Anna Maria offering both sushi and hibachi grills. Located at the Galati Marina, Ocean Star has both indoor seating and covered patio seating looking over the Marina and Bimini Bay. To get to Ocean Star by boat you’ll have to enter into Bimini Bay from Tampa Bay. Coordinates: 27°31’35.0″N 82°43’15.4″W
Cortez Fishing Village – Intracoastal
6. Tide Tables – One of the newest restaurants to Cortez Fishing Village, Tide Tables is operated by the same owners as the infamous Starfish market and restaurant. Tide Tables is located at the base of the mainland side of the Cortez Bridge at Intracoastal Waterway Marker 48. Enjoy fresh seafood and amazing views at Tide Tables when you dock and dine at this great spot! Coordinates: 27°28’09.0″N 82°41’21.0″W
7. Seafood Shack – The Seafood Shack has been an iconic restaurant to the coastline of Cortez since the 1970’s. Seafood Shack offers both indoor and outdoor dock side seating in addition to their great banquet space. The Seafood Shack offers temporary dock space or slips for overnight stays. In the past few years the Seafood Shack has made a great deal of updates both to the restaurant and Marina. The Seafood Shack is located on the northern side of the Cortez Bridge at ICW marker 49. Coordinates: 27°28’13.5″N 82°41’23.7″W
Cortez Fishing Village – South Shore
8. Starfish Market and Restaurant – One of the most popular eateries in Cortez Fishing Village, Starfish offers a glimpse into the world of the local fisherpeople who bring Florida fresh seafood to our tables. Starfish has outdoor seating only with the dining area right on the docks used by fishing boats. When you dock and dine tie up to any free spot you can find and don’t forget to bring cash as cards are not accepted. To get to Starfish you’ll have to head east along the southern shoreline past the Coast Guard station and the large building labeled A.P Bell. Coordinates: 27°27’57.2″N 82°41’07.2″W
9. Swordfish Grill and Tiki Bar – heading farther along the southern shore of Cortez Fishing Village you’ll find both Swordfish Grill and our #10 stop Cortez Kitchen. Swordfish has been in business since 2011 and offers great views of Sarasota Bay, live music everyday, cold drinks and fresh off the boat seafood. Swordfish offers plenty of dock and dine spaces for those coming by boat! Coordinates: 27°27’56.8″N 82°40’54.3″W
10. Cortez Kitchen – Just like Starfish and Swordfish Grill, Cortez kitchen offers great fresh seafood with beautiful views of Sarasota Bay. Enjoy covered outdoor seating weathered fishing boats, and live music! Coordinates: 27°27’57.5″N 82°40’53.1″W
11. Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub – Owned by the Chiles group, Mar Vista is the Longboat key sister restaurant to the Beach House and Sandbar on Anna Maria Island. Just as the Beach House and Sandbar, Mar Vista offers fresh food with great service. Enjoy great bay side views along with several spaces for those looking to dock and dine. Mar Vista is located on the northern bay side of Longboat Key. Coordinates: 27°26’17.0″N 82°40’54.7″W
12. Dry Dock Grill – Located on the southern end of Longboat Key in the Boathouse Marina, Dry Dock Grill is just a short drive north of St. Armands Circle. To get to Dry Dock by boat you’ll have to leave Sarasota Bay heading south past quick point and into Zwick’s channel near marker 6. Dry Dock offers three wet slips for those coming to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°20’20.5″N 82°35’24.0″W
13. Pier 22 – Located on the Manatee River in downtown Bradenton, the Pier 22 restaurant offers a casual upscale dining experience with an extensive menu. Pier 22 offers dining indoors, covered outdoor dining or outdoor dining right along the riverfront. Pier 22 offers a 180 foot courtesy dock perfect for boaters looking to stop along the river for a convenient dock and dine. The Marina offers a great place for overnight or extended stays. To get to Pier 22 you’ll exit lower Tampa Bay at marker #2 into the Manatee River. Follow the river about six miles to marker 22. Coordinates: 27°30’02.2″N 82°34’24.9″W
14. Riverhouse Reef and Grill – Across the river from Pier 22 you’ll find Riverhouse Reef and Grill in Palmetto. Located in one of the most luxurious marinas on the west coast of Florida, Riverhouse Reef and Grill offers plenty of space for boats to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°30’42.2″N 82°34’32.5″W
15. YachtSea Grille – heading further down the Manatee River you’ll find the public day docks at the Bradenton Riverwalk. Park your boat enjoy the beautiful riverfront, and experience a great meal. Head east from the day docks to find YachtSea Grille for great food and service in downtown Bradenton. YachtSea is just west of the Desoto Bridge and nearby to the downtown skate park. YachtSea is not directly on the riverfront, but is just across the street from the water. Coordinates: 27°29’58.0″N 82°33’49.7″W
There are tons of great places to explore for a fun dock and dine experience around Anna Maria Island.
Anna Maria Island Accommodations and Vacation Rentals
Cortez Kitchen is a unique “hangout” restaurant that may not be the perfect romantic setting however the seafood is very fresh. Outdoor picnic bench seating both covered and uncovered are in close proximity to the boat docks. So….while eating your inexpensive “rustic” lunch or dinner you can sometimes watch boats come in and out of the docks. I have also personally witnessed lots of fork lift activity at the docks which my 4 year old friend’s son just loves. If you are looking for an inexpensive fresh seafood lunch or dinner and you have children that will enjoy looking at water or boats then this could be the perfect fit. The grouper is fantastic and believe or not, try the Buffalo Grouper sandwich with Blue Cheese Dressing….its a knock out! Be sure to take a look at the picture above. The BLUE sign is a great reference point so you don’t miss the turn off of Cortez Road. One side note is the restaurant turns more into a bar around dusk so if you are taking your family be sure it’s at an appropriate time. They do offer live music usually on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Just a great all around “old Florida” bar setting.
One last thing. They do sell fresh raw seafood in an adjacent building, so if you need tomorrow’s seafood, kill two birds with one stone, or fish that is….
4528 119th Street West
Cortez, FL, 34210