There’s no shortage of Cortez Fishing Village seafood restaurants to try out while visiting the area. This is one of the oldest working fishing villages in the United States. So therefore, the large selection of seafood restaurants is no surprise.
7 Cortez Fishing Village Seafood Restaurants
Here is the list of all the seafood restaurants in Cortez. Try one, or try them all!
Starfish Company might be the most popular choice among locals. This is both a restaurant and market serving fresh off the boat seafood. Starfish Company began in the 1920’s, and is now owned by the Bell family of A.P. Bell Fish Company. You’ll find simply prepared old Florida style seafood dishes. The menu here really allows the seafood to speak for itself. Starfish is cash only! Order at the counter, and wait at one of the dockside tables looking over Sarasota Bay. You’ll also enjoy views of the docked fishing boats for an authentic seafood restaurant experience.
12306 46th Ave W
Cortez Fl, 34215
This is the sister restaurant to Starfish. Here you’ll find the same great quality seafood and a similarly charming atmosphere. The menu at Tide Tables is a bit more modern, and has a different selection of offerings than Starfish. Enjoy views of the Intracoastal Waterway along with outdoor dining. 12507 Cortez Rd W Cortez, Florida
Another great option for fresh seafood, you’ll love Swordfish Grill. In addition to seafood, you’ll find chicken, ribs and a little something for everyone. The restaurant is casual, but the menu does also have some nicer items. Swordfish offers dock side dining, live music and a full service bar. You can come by car or dock your boat too!
4628 119th St W.
Cortez, FL 34215
Right next door to Swordfish Grill you’ll find Cortez Kitchen. The menu here has old fashioned Florida favorites with shrimp, scallops, grouper and mahi. Find southern favorites like grits, hush puppies and fried okra. This is a laid back restaurant that offers outdoor dining on the water in addition to live music.
4528 119th Street W,
Cortez, FL 34215
The Seafood Shack has been operating since the 1970’s, but in the past few years has upgraded their facility and menu. Not only is the Seafood Shack a great restaurant, but they offer a nice marina too. Seafood Shack has fish, scallops, salads and also an option to bring in your own fresh catch. Enjoy indoor or outdoor dining, boat docks, catering and banquet facilities. You could even host a wedding here.
4110 127th St W
Cortez, FL 34215
Further inland you’ll come upon O’Shucks. Here you’ll find a raw oyster bar along with many local seafood favorites such as smoked mullet. In addition to raw oysters they have Rockefeller and fried options. O’Shucks has a nice selection of beers and some outdoor seating is also available. 12012 Cortez Rd W Cortez, Florida
Anna Maria Oyster Bar
On the far inland edge of Cortez Village you’ll find the always popular Anna Maria Oyster Bar. They have a large menu with just about anything you could want. The prices here are very reasonable. Enjoy quality service and a consistent quality of food every time you dine. Anna Maria Oyster Bar also offers early bird specials.
6696 Cortez Road,
Bradenton, FL 34210
For a fantastic Florida dining experience try out one of these great Cortez Fishing Village Seafood Restaurants!
Enjoy an Anna Maria Island Beach rental near Bridge Street Pier, so you can experience the quaint character of Bradenton Beach. Located on the southern end of Anna Maria Island, the Bridge Street Pier is full of Florida charm. Bradenton Beach is home to quirky characters, comfortable restaurants and funky little beach shops. When you visit the Bridge Street Pier you’ll fall in love with Bradenton Beach.
The Bridge Street Pier
The Bridge Street Pier is the historic site of the first bridge connecting the Island to the main land. When you visit, you’ll notice the newer Cortez Bridge just to the north. Walking along the Bridge Street Pier you can almost feel the history, and imagine days past. Take in the smells of the Intracoastal Waterway, and the sights of people fishing. If you are lucky you just may see someone catch something!
When you visit the Bridge Street Pier you’ll experience a relaxing atmosphere. Bring your fishing pole, and try your hand at Florida fishing. If you don’t have a pole you can rent one from the little shop at the base of the pier. Schedule a dolphin tour at the same shop, and you’ll get to see island wildlife. Boats tours are a fabulous way to view the island!
Next to the Dolphin tours shop you’ll also find a cute jewelry store with hand made silver items along with local artwork.
Dining on the Pier
Anna Maria Oyster Bar is also located at the base of the pier. Here you’ll find fresh seafood, and a laid back island style atmosphere. Slurp down a belly full of Oysters while taking in the views of Sarasota Bay.
Heading off the pier you’ll find more activities and dining along Bridge Street. Bridge Street Merchants provide a variety of wares, and funky Florida souvenirs perfect for remembering your stay. There is also a miniature golf course located on Bridge Street for family fun, or find night life at pubs for adult time fun.
Anna Maria Island Beach Rental near Bridge Street Pier
Finding the perfect Anna Maria Island beach rental near Bridge Street Pier is easy. Island Real Estate offers many Anna Maria Island beach rental options to suit any need. Additionally, Island Real Estate has the largest selections of homes you’ll find on the island. Call Island Real Estate first at 877-778-6066 when choosing the perfect vacation destination on Anna Maria Island!
Anna Maria Island Club Beach Rentals
The Anna Maria Island Club is a gorgeous direct gulf front condo complex, and are just a short drive North of the Bridge Street Pier. Island Real Estate offers several Anna Maria Island Club units all with direct gulf front balcony views with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Some of these units accommodate four guests while some sleep up to six guests. 2016 Base rates for these condos range from $1260-$2625/week depending on the unit, or even the time of year you decide to visit. These Condos have a heated pool and spa over looking the beach, so you can experience the perfect Anna Maria Island beach rental!
South Beach Village Beach Rentals
South Beach Village is just across the street from gulf beaches. These units offer gulf views, bay views or both. The South Beach Village condos are also just north of Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach comfortably accommodating six guests each. All units offers three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. South Beach Village units welcome pets under 25 pounds with a pet fee. This complex also offes a heated community pool. 2016 Base rates range from $1000-$2260/week depending on the unit and time of visit.
Bradenton Beach Club Beach Rentals
The Bradenton Beach Club is also just north of the Bridge Street Pier. Some of these condo units have direct gulf views while others are nestled across the street further in the complex. The beach side units have a heated pool while the bay side units have a heated pool and spa. Bradenton Beach Club condos sleep six guests with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. 2016 Base rates range from $1100-$2625/week. This rate depends on the specific unit, time of visit, and is at the higher end for direct gulf views. This complex stretches from the gulf side to the bay side of the island, and also offers a great fishing dock on the bay side.
More Anna Maria Island Beach Rentals
For additional suggested Anna Maria Island beach rentals head over to IslandReal.com, and explore homes through the Advanced Search Page. Island Real Estate also offers Holmes Beach rentals and Anna Maria beach rentals, so you are sure to find the best beach accommodations in Florida!
Restaurants Anna Maria – Boating is a hugely popular recreational activity in Florida, and Anna Maria Island is no exception to this rule. With the island situated on the Gulf of Mexico, Tampa Bay and Sarasota Bay there are plenty of fun spots on the water to explore. If you get hungry during your boating excursion many waterfront restaurants offer boat parking so you can dock and dine.
Below is a list of the top 15 restaurants to visit by boat in Anna Maria Island, Cortez Fishing Village, Longboat Key and Bradenton. Click on the links to learn more about these great dock and dine destinations.
Anna Maria Island – Bradenton Beach
1. Bridge Tender Inn – Located in Bradenton Beach just south of the City Pier, the Bridge Tender Inn is located right on Sarasota Bay for beautiful views of the Intracoastal and Cortez Fishing Village. The Bridge Tender Inn offers both indoor and outdoor dining along with a full service bar. Enjoy live music, delicious food and great views from this old Florida style locals favorite hangout. Pull your boat up to the dingy dock right out front, or you could even step right out of a kayak into the outdoor dining area! Coordinates: 27°27’55.2″N 82°41’48.0″W
2. Anna Maria Oyster Bar (AMOB) – AMOB is located at the base of the Bradenton Beach City Pier south of the Cortez Bridge. The pier offers a public day dock for anyone looking to visit both the pier and Bridge Street. Day dock space can sometimes be crowded with boats, but is convenient for those looking to dock and dine or sight see on Bradenton Beach. Find great views, delicious fresh seafood, a full service bar and friendly service at AMOB. Bonus stops: after you park your boat, you can walk down Bridge Street to many restaurants including The Bridge Tender Inn, Island Creperie, The Blue Marlin, Island Time Bar and Grill, Freckled Fin, The Bridge Street Bistro, or the Beach House Restaurant right on the gulf. Coordinates: 27°27’59.1″N 82°41’39.9″W
Anna Maria Island – Anna Maria
3. Anna Maria City Pier – located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, the city pier overlooks Tampa Bay and the Skyway Bridge. The Pier offers a little of something for everyone to eat, and also offers a jewelry shop to peruse. Toward the end of the pier, near the restauarnt, there is a spot for boats to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°32’04.2″N 82°43’49.7″W
4. Rod and Reel Pier – A favorite spot of Anna Maria locals for a cold beer and fresh seafood, the Rod and Reel Pier has great food serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll enjoy gorgeous views of Tampa Bay and the northern end of the island. Come by boat, and take a load off at this great old Florida restaurant perfect for a dock and dine excursion. Coordinates: 27°32’18.2″N 82°44’21.5″W
5. Ocean Star – Ocean Star is an excellent Japanese restaurant in the city of Anna Maria offering both sushi and hibachi grills. Located at the Galati Marina, Ocean Star has both indoor seating and covered patio seating looking over the Marina and Bimini Bay. To get to Ocean Star by boat you’ll have to enter into Bimini Bay from Tampa Bay. Coordinates: 27°31’35.0″N 82°43’15.4″W
Cortez Fishing Village – Intracoastal
6. Tide Tables – One of the newest restaurants to Cortez Fishing Village, Tide Tables is operated by the same owners as the infamous Starfish market and restaurant. Tide Tables is located at the base of the mainland side of the Cortez Bridge at Intracoastal Waterway Marker 48. Enjoy fresh seafood and amazing views at Tide Tables when you dock and dine at this great spot! Coordinates: 27°28’09.0″N 82°41’21.0″W
7. Seafood Shack – The Seafood Shack has been an iconic restaurant to the coastline of Cortez since the 1970’s. Seafood Shack offers both indoor and outdoor dock side seating in addition to their great banquet space. The Seafood Shack offers temporary dock space or slips for overnight stays. In the past few years the Seafood Shack has made a great deal of updates both to the restaurant and Marina. The Seafood Shack is located on the northern side of the Cortez Bridge at ICW marker 49. Coordinates: 27°28’13.5″N 82°41’23.7″W
Cortez Fishing Village – South Shore
8. Starfish Market and Restaurant – One of the most popular eateries in Cortez Fishing Village, Starfish offers a glimpse into the world of the local fisherpeople who bring Florida fresh seafood to our tables. Starfish has outdoor seating only with the dining area right on the docks used by fishing boats. When you dock and dine tie up to any free spot you can find and don’t forget to bring cash as cards are not accepted. To get to Starfish you’ll have to head east along the southern shoreline past the Coast Guard station and the large building labeled A.P Bell. Coordinates: 27°27’57.2″N 82°41’07.2″W
9. Swordfish Grill and Tiki Bar – heading farther along the southern shore of Cortez Fishing Village you’ll find both Swordfish Grill and our #10 stop Cortez Kitchen. Swordfish has been in business since 2011 and offers great views of Sarasota Bay, live music everyday, cold drinks and fresh off the boat seafood. Swordfish offers plenty of dock and dine spaces for those coming by boat! Coordinates: 27°27’56.8″N 82°40’54.3″W
10. Cortez Kitchen – Just like Starfish and Swordfish Grill, Cortez kitchen offers great fresh seafood with beautiful views of Sarasota Bay. Enjoy covered outdoor seating weathered fishing boats, and live music! Coordinates: 27°27’57.5″N 82°40’53.1″W
11. Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub – Owned by the Chiles group, Mar Vista is the Longboat key sister restaurant to the Beach House and Sandbar on Anna Maria Island. Just as the Beach House and Sandbar, Mar Vista offers fresh food with great service. Enjoy great bay side views along with several spaces for those looking to dock and dine. Mar Vista is located on the northern bay side of Longboat Key. Coordinates: 27°26’17.0″N 82°40’54.7″W
12. Dry Dock Grill – Located on the southern end of Longboat Key in the Boathouse Marina, Dry Dock Grill is just a short drive north of St. Armands Circle. To get to Dry Dock by boat you’ll have to leave Sarasota Bay heading south past quick point and into Zwick’s channel near marker 6. Dry Dock offers three wet slips for those coming to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°20’20.5″N 82°35’24.0″W
13. Pier 22 – Located on the Manatee River in downtown Bradenton, the Pier 22 restaurant offers a casual upscale dining experience with an extensive menu. Pier 22 offers dining indoors, covered outdoor dining or outdoor dining right along the riverfront. Pier 22 offers a 180 foot courtesy dock perfect for boaters looking to stop along the river for a convenient dock and dine. The Marina offers a great place for overnight or extended stays. To get to Pier 22 you’ll exit lower Tampa Bay at marker #2 into the Manatee River. Follow the river about six miles to marker 22. Coordinates: 27°30’02.2″N 82°34’24.9″W
14. Riverhouse Reef and Grill – Across the river from Pier 22 you’ll find Riverhouse Reef and Grill in Palmetto. Located in one of the most luxurious marinas on the west coast of Florida, Riverhouse Reef and Grill offers plenty of space for boats to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°30’42.2″N 82°34’32.5″W
15. YachtSea Grille – heading further down the Manatee River you’ll find the public day docks at the Bradenton Riverwalk. Park your boat enjoy the beautiful riverfront, and experience a great meal. Head east from the day docks to find YachtSea Grille for great food and service in downtown Bradenton. YachtSea is just west of the Desoto Bridge and nearby to the downtown skate park. YachtSea is not directly on the riverfront, but is just across the street from the water. Coordinates: 27°29’58.0″N 82°33’49.7″W
There are tons of great places to explore for a fun dock and dine experience around Anna Maria Island.
Anna Maria Island Accommodations and Vacation Rentals
Anna Maria Island – If you’re visiting Anna Maria Island during or before St. Patrick’s Day this year you’ll have several chances to celebrate island style. From family friendly events to drinking green beer, the island has your St. Paddy’s Day needs covered. This year the holiday falls on a Thursday, so a few celebrations will be held on Sunday 13th with some still celebrating mid week on the 17th. Below is a list of places to to enjoy St. Patrick’s Day.
18th Annual Beach Bistro St. Patrick’s Day Parade 3/13
Every year the local restaurant Beach Bistro holds a fun filled small town parade in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. This year the parade will begin at restaurant Eat Here located at 5315 Gulf Drive then travel it’s way north through Holmes Beach ending at 85th Street. The parade will begin at 4pm and includes energetic locals adorned in green, bag pipers, and a bevy of local organizations with green and Irish decor and homemade floats.
Duffy’s Tavern 3/13
During and after the Parade fun head over to Duffy’s Tavern to continue the celebration with one of their 20 beers, and the island’s best burger.
The Ugly Grouper 3/13
New restaurant The Ugly Grouper will be celebrating on parade day with all day live music and Corned Beef and Cabbage. From 1-5pm enjoy music from Chris Warner then Rob Viola will close the night up with tunes from 6-9pm.
St. Patrick’s Day Concert at Roser Memorial Community Church 3/13
If you are looking for a tamer St. Patrick’s Day celebration head over to Roser Church for a holiday concert with musician Paul Duffy. The doors open at 3pm with the concert starting at 4pm. Enjoy Celtic instruments and bagpipes, Irish Lore and humor. For more information contact the church at 941-778-0414. Roser Church is located at 512 Pine Avenue.
Freckled Fin 3/17
The Freckled Fin on Bradenton Beaches Bridge Street will be celebrating St. Paddy’s with live music, Irish food, bag pipers, dancers and Irish libations. This family friendly establishment will open at 8am for breakfast, and the festivities will begin. Live music starts at with Lew Russ from 8-11am followed by Trevor and the Tribe from 11am-3pm. Heading into the afternoon the Bradenton Bagpipers will play 3:30-430pm and The Black Velvet Band play last from 5:30-9:30pm. The Freckled Fin will be serving up Corned Beef and Cabbage along with Sheppard’s Pie. Drink specials will include green beer, Guinness, Jameson Irish Whiskey and Bailey’s Irish Cream.
Anna Maria Oyster Bar 3/17
AMOB will be celebrating with all you can eat Corned Beef and Cabbage for $10.99 and green beers for $1.50. Enjoy the Irish holiday with a gorgeous view of Sarasota Bay while you happily eat Corned Beef, Oysters or both!
Old Florida charm is what this great seafood Bradenton, Fl restaurant is all about. The local Anna Maria Island newspaper poll has hailed Anna Maria Oyster bar as winner of the best all around restaurant and best seafood restaurant for 2008. Anna Maria Oyster restaurant offers a great selection of seafood including but not limited to stuffed flounder, fried clams, scallops and of course oysters. The Bradenton, Florida restaurant offers great money saving extras for families.
When you walk in the door they have a height chart to measure the children in the dinner or lunch party so that families only pay according to the height of your child. For example, if your child is 52 inches, you pay $0.52. If your child is 35 inches, $0.35 for your child’s meal. To good to be true you say, na ah. It’s the truth. A great value for children in your group, Monday through Thursday’s.
While you are there you may also want to check out the daily specials. Anna Maria Oyster bar has great dinners for two and drink specials as well. This Bradenton restaurant not only has great food but the atmosphere is also special. Need a souvenir? Almost all of the decor you see in the restaurant is for sale. Anna Maria Oyster Bar has two locations one is located in Bradenton On Cortez Road just 10 minutes drive from Anna Maria Island. The second location is near the Ellenton shopping Outlets off of 301.