Enjoy an Anna Maria Island Beach rental near Bridge Street Pier, so you can experience the quaint character of Bradenton Beach. Located on the southern end of Anna Maria Island, the Bridge Street Pier is full of Florida charm. Bradenton Beach is home to quirky characters, comfortable restaurants and funky little beach shops. When you visit the Bridge Street Pier you’ll fall in love with Bradenton Beach.
The Bridge Street Pier
The Bridge Street Pier is the historic site of the first bridge connecting the Island to the main land. When you visit, you’ll notice the newer Cortez Bridge just to the north. Walking along the Bridge Street Pier you can almost feel the history, and imagine days past. Take in the smells of the Intracoastal Waterway, and the sights of people fishing. If you are lucky you just may see someone catch something!
When you visit the Bridge Street Pier you’ll experience a relaxing atmosphere. Bring your fishing pole, and try your hand at Florida fishing. If you don’t have a pole you can rent one from the little shop at the base of the pier. Schedule a dolphin tour at the same shop, and you’ll get to see island wildlife. Boats tours are a fabulous way to view the island!
Next to the Dolphin tours shop you’ll also find a cute jewelry store with hand made silver items along with local artwork.
Dining on the Pier
Anna Maria Oyster Bar is also located at the base of the pier. Here you’ll find fresh seafood, and a laid back island style atmosphere. Slurp down a belly full of Oysters while taking in the views of Sarasota Bay.
Heading off the pier you’ll find more activities and dining along Bridge Street. Bridge Street Merchants provide a variety of wares, and funky Florida souvenirs perfect for remembering your stay. There is also a miniature golf course located on Bridge Street for family fun, or find night life at pubs for adult time fun.
Anna Maria Island Beach Rental near Bridge Street Pier
Finding the perfect Anna Maria Island beach rental near Bridge Street Pier is easy. Island Real Estate offers many Anna Maria Island beach rental options to suit any need. Additionally, Island Real Estate has the largest selections of homes you’ll find on the island. Call Island Real Estate first at 877-778-6066 when choosing the perfect vacation destination on Anna Maria Island!
Anna Maria Island Club Beach Rentals
The Anna Maria Island Club is a gorgeous direct gulf front condo complex, and are just a short drive North of the Bridge Street Pier. Island Real Estate offers several Anna Maria Island Club units all with direct gulf front balcony views with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Some of these units accommodate four guests while some sleep up to six guests. 2016 Base rates for these condos range from $1260-$2625/week depending on the unit, or even the time of year you decide to visit. These Condos have a heated pool and spa over looking the beach, so you can experience the perfect Anna Maria Island beach rental!
South Beach Village Beach Rentals
South Beach Village is just across the street from gulf beaches. These units offer gulf views, bay views or both. The South Beach Village condos are also just north of Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach comfortably accommodating six guests each. All units offers three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. South Beach Village units welcome pets under 25 pounds with a pet fee. This complex also offes a heated community pool. 2016 Base rates range from $1000-$2260/week depending on the unit and time of visit.
Bradenton Beach Club Beach Rentals
The Bradenton Beach Club is also just north of the Bridge Street Pier. Some of these condo units have direct gulf views while others are nestled across the street further in the complex. The beach side units have a heated pool while the bay side units have a heated pool and spa. Bradenton Beach Club condos sleep six guests with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. 2016 Base rates range from $1100-$2625/week. This rate depends on the specific unit, time of visit, and is at the higher end for direct gulf views. This complex stretches from the gulf side to the bay side of the island, and also offers a great fishing dock on the bay side.
More Anna Maria Island Beach Rentals
For additional suggested Anna Maria Island beach rentals head over to IslandReal.com, and explore homes through the Advanced Search Page. Island Real Estate also offers Holmes Beach rentals and Anna Maria beach rentals, so you are sure to find the best beach accommodations in Florida!
Restaurants Anna Maria – Boating is a hugely popular recreational activity in Florida, and Anna Maria Island is no exception to this rule. With the island situated on the Gulf of Mexico, Tampa Bay and Sarasota Bay there are plenty of fun spots on the water to explore. If you get hungry during your boating excursion many waterfront restaurants offer boat parking so you can dock and dine.
Below is a list of the top 15 restaurants to visit by boat in Anna Maria Island, Cortez Fishing Village, Longboat Key and Bradenton. Click on the links to learn more about these great dock and dine destinations.
Anna Maria Island – Bradenton Beach
1. Bridge Tender Inn – Located in Bradenton Beach just south of the City Pier, the Bridge Tender Inn is located right on Sarasota Bay for beautiful views of the Intracoastal and Cortez Fishing Village. The Bridge Tender Inn offers both indoor and outdoor dining along with a full service bar. Enjoy live music, delicious food and great views from this old Florida style locals favorite hangout. Pull your boat up to the dingy dock right out front, or you could even step right out of a kayak into the outdoor dining area! Coordinates: 27°27’55.2″N 82°41’48.0″W
2. Anna Maria Oyster Bar (AMOB) – AMOB is located at the base of the Bradenton Beach City Pier south of the Cortez Bridge. The pier offers a public day dock for anyone looking to visit both the pier and Bridge Street. Day dock space can sometimes be crowded with boats, but is convenient for those looking to dock and dine or sight see on Bradenton Beach. Find great views, delicious fresh seafood, a full service bar and friendly service at AMOB. Bonus stops: after you park your boat, you can walk down Bridge Street to many restaurants including The Bridge Tender Inn, Island Creperie, The Blue Marlin, Island Time Bar and Grill, Freckled Fin, The Bridge Street Bistro, or the Beach House Restaurant right on the gulf. Coordinates: 27°27’59.1″N 82°41’39.9″W
Anna Maria Island – Anna Maria
3. Anna Maria City Pier – located on the north end of Anna Maria Island, the city pier overlooks Tampa Bay and the Skyway Bridge. The Pier offers a little of something for everyone to eat, and also offers a jewelry shop to peruse. Toward the end of the pier, near the restauarnt, there is a spot for boats to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°32’04.2″N 82°43’49.7″W
4. Rod and Reel Pier – A favorite spot of Anna Maria locals for a cold beer and fresh seafood, the Rod and Reel Pier has great food serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll enjoy gorgeous views of Tampa Bay and the northern end of the island. Come by boat, and take a load off at this great old Florida restaurant perfect for a dock and dine excursion. Coordinates: 27°32’18.2″N 82°44’21.5″W
5. Ocean Star – Ocean Star is an excellent Japanese restaurant in the city of Anna Maria offering both sushi and hibachi grills. Located at the Galati Marina, Ocean Star has both indoor seating and covered patio seating looking over the Marina and Bimini Bay. To get to Ocean Star by boat you’ll have to enter into Bimini Bay from Tampa Bay. Coordinates: 27°31’35.0″N 82°43’15.4″W
Cortez Fishing Village – Intracoastal
6. Tide Tables – One of the newest restaurants to Cortez Fishing Village, Tide Tables is operated by the same owners as the infamous Starfish market and restaurant. Tide Tables is located at the base of the mainland side of the Cortez Bridge at Intracoastal Waterway Marker 48. Enjoy fresh seafood and amazing views at Tide Tables when you dock and dine at this great spot! Coordinates: 27°28’09.0″N 82°41’21.0″W
7. Seafood Shack – The Seafood Shack has been an iconic restaurant to the coastline of Cortez since the 1970’s. Seafood Shack offers both indoor and outdoor dock side seating in addition to their great banquet space. The Seafood Shack offers temporary dock space or slips for overnight stays. In the past few years the Seafood Shack has made a great deal of updates both to the restaurant and Marina. The Seafood Shack is located on the northern side of the Cortez Bridge at ICW marker 49. Coordinates: 27°28’13.5″N 82°41’23.7″W
Cortez Fishing Village – South Shore
8. Starfish Market and Restaurant – One of the most popular eateries in Cortez Fishing Village, Starfish offers a glimpse into the world of the local fisherpeople who bring Florida fresh seafood to our tables. Starfish has outdoor seating only with the dining area right on the docks used by fishing boats. When you dock and dine tie up to any free spot you can find and don’t forget to bring cash as cards are not accepted. To get to Starfish you’ll have to head east along the southern shoreline past the Coast Guard station and the large building labeled A.P Bell. Coordinates: 27°27’57.2″N 82°41’07.2″W
9. Swordfish Grill and Tiki Bar – heading farther along the southern shore of Cortez Fishing Village you’ll find both Swordfish Grill and our #10 stop Cortez Kitchen. Swordfish has been in business since 2011 and offers great views of Sarasota Bay, live music everyday, cold drinks and fresh off the boat seafood. Swordfish offers plenty of dock and dine spaces for those coming by boat! Coordinates: 27°27’56.8″N 82°40’54.3″W
10. Cortez Kitchen – Just like Starfish and Swordfish Grill, Cortez kitchen offers great fresh seafood with beautiful views of Sarasota Bay. Enjoy covered outdoor seating weathered fishing boats, and live music! Coordinates: 27°27’57.5″N 82°40’53.1″W
11. Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant and Pub – Owned by the Chiles group, Mar Vista is the Longboat key sister restaurant to the Beach House and Sandbar on Anna Maria Island. Just as the Beach House and Sandbar, Mar Vista offers fresh food with great service. Enjoy great bay side views along with several spaces for those looking to dock and dine. Mar Vista is located on the northern bay side of Longboat Key. Coordinates: 27°26’17.0″N 82°40’54.7″W
12. Dry Dock Grill – Located on the southern end of Longboat Key in the Boathouse Marina, Dry Dock Grill is just a short drive north of St. Armands Circle. To get to Dry Dock by boat you’ll have to leave Sarasota Bay heading south past quick point and into Zwick’s channel near marker 6. Dry Dock offers three wet slips for those coming to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°20’20.5″N 82°35’24.0″W
13. Pier 22 – Located on the Manatee River in downtown Bradenton, the Pier 22 restaurant offers a casual upscale dining experience with an extensive menu. Pier 22 offers dining indoors, covered outdoor dining or outdoor dining right along the riverfront. Pier 22 offers a 180 foot courtesy dock perfect for boaters looking to stop along the river for a convenient dock and dine. The Marina offers a great place for overnight or extended stays. To get to Pier 22 you’ll exit lower Tampa Bay at marker #2 into the Manatee River. Follow the river about six miles to marker 22. Coordinates: 27°30’02.2″N 82°34’24.9″W
14. Riverhouse Reef and Grill – Across the river from Pier 22 you’ll find Riverhouse Reef and Grill in Palmetto. Located in one of the most luxurious marinas on the west coast of Florida, Riverhouse Reef and Grill offers plenty of space for boats to dock and dine. Coordinates: 27°30’42.2″N 82°34’32.5″W
15. YachtSea Grille – heading further down the Manatee River you’ll find the public day docks at the Bradenton Riverwalk. Park your boat enjoy the beautiful riverfront, and experience a great meal. Head east from the day docks to find YachtSea Grille for great food and service in downtown Bradenton. YachtSea is just west of the Desoto Bridge and nearby to the downtown skate park. YachtSea is not directly on the riverfront, but is just across the street from the water. Coordinates: 27°29’58.0″N 82°33’49.7″W
There are tons of great places to explore for a fun dock and dine experience around Anna Maria Island.
Anna Maria Island Accommodations and Vacation Rentals
Bradenton Beach Event – Back for it’s second year Blues, Brews and BBQ will be serving up a great event May 21st on Bridge Street. From 3-9pm the event will offer great music, cold beer and delicious barbecue with proceeds to benefit the All Island Denomination’s Food Pantry at Roser Church. Admission is $5 with children under 12 free. The gates opening at 2pm for those looking to find the perfect spot to enjoy the music.
Bradenton Beach Event Music
Gene “Sarasota Slim” Hardage will headline Blues, Brews and BBQ. An internationally acclaimed guitarist, Sarasota Slim offers a unique sound incorporating blues, funk, boogie and slide guitar. Local favorties Pig Blues will take the stage at 4:30 before Sarasota Slim with the music starting at 3pm with Mac McConnell.
Barbecue ribs and pulled pork platters will be provided by Island Time Bar and Grill with Fire and Stone serving BBQ pizza. Motorworks Brewery will have craft beers, there will also be a full liquor bar along with alcohol free selections. Patrons may bring their own blankets and chairs, but no coolers or outside food will be permitted into the event.
Event goers may leave and re-enter the event at anytime to peruse the shops and deals offered on Bridge Street. Take advantage of the silent auction during the event!
Parking for the event can be found along Bridge Street, in the parking lot behind Island Time, at the Tingley Library and along the beach south of the event. The free trolley will be running until 10:30pm the night of the event.
Bradenton Beach Accommodations
Island Real Estate offers a large selection of Anna Maria Island vacation rentals with almost 300 homes to choose from. Book your stay today!
Bradenton Beach – The Bridge Street Merchants are now offering a savings passport giving discounts on select shopping, dining and lodging benefiting locals, visitors and charity.
With 15 different deals currently available between now and February, the Merchants passport is a great way to shop local with a purpose. The $25 passport gives up to $500 in discounts and is available for purchase at Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center, the Bridge Street Bazaar, Anna Maria Community Center, Island Mail and More, and online at www.BridgeStreet.com.
The passport is designed to bring more traffic to participating businesses, and raise funds for The Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Scholarship fund and the Moonracer No Kill Animal Shelter. $10 of each $25 passport sold will be donated to charity.
Participating businesses include:
Bridge Street Interiors
The Uptown Lot
Bridge Street Bistro
Island Time Inn
Fish Hole Adventure Golf
Paradise Boat Tours
Sea-renity Beach Spa
Segs by the Sea
Purchase a passport today, and save on local shopping with a purpose!
Anna Maria Island – The Tuesday Turtle Talks begin this month at the Anna Maria Island Community Center and will continue through the summer at the Annie Silver Community Center in Bradenton Beach.
Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch and Shorebird Monitoring volunteers will take kids in the Center’s after school program to the beach on May 12 and May 19 at 4 p.m. to search for sea turtle and shorebird nests, with a final activity at the Center on May 26. From June through August, Tuesday Turtle Talks will move to the Annie Silver Community Center on 23rd Street one block off Gulf Drive in Bradenton Beach from 10 to 11 a.m.
The talks will replace morning tours of the nesting beach and will include a presentation, handouts and Q&A time. In August, volunteers will demonstrate nest excavations on the beach, Turtle Watch Director Suzi Fox said.
All summer a new event, Turtles on Bridge Street, will be featured with scavenger hunts to find turtles, free temporary turtle tattoos in Bridge Street businesses and other events.
If you would like to register your child to attend the Anna Maria Island Community Center Tuesday Turtle Talks, call 941-778-1908.
Bradenton Beach – Live music this week at the Bridge Street Sunday Market is by Bill Vinhage. The weekly Bridge Street Sunday market runs 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Sunday through the end of April at 111 Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach on the south end of Anna Maria Island. Locals and visitors can find fresh produce, local art, chair massage, beach-style gifts, jewelry, clothes, home décor, food, fun and more. A limited amount of vendor space is still available in some categories.
Bill Vinhage is a singer-songwriter focusing on both original material as well as a very eclectic mix of acoustic oriented cover tunes. Originally from New Jersey, Bill was active in the music scene in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York before moving to Tampa Bay in 1999. He has a diverse vocal range and unique guitar style. His original material is influenced by rock, pop, jazz, country, broadway, folk as well as the AM radio stations of New York City he grew up listening to in the 60’s and 70’s.
The Bridge Street Merchants, a 501c6, host the Sunday Markets, and provide year-round shopping, dining and entertainment on the south end of the island. Other merchant events such as Market Food Challenges and Christmas on Bridge Street support various local charities.
For Sunday, consider taking the free island trolley right to Bridge Street. Car parking options include: the city lot behind the Bridge Street Bistro, up and down Bridge Street including by the city pier, City Hall (permissible on Sundays) and along the beach just south of Bridge Street. For more information on the Bridge Street Merchants, or vendor space at the Market contact Market Manager, Melissa Enders, at email@example.com or (215) 906-0668 or visit www.bridgestreetmerchants.com.
Bridge street in Bradenton Beach will be closed on Saturday March 29th from 11am-10pm for Blues, Brews BBQ.
Blues Brews BBQ
Live music, good food and drinks are the order of the day for this family fun event. The music lineup includes AJ & the Automatics, Lauren Mitchell Band, RJ Howson & Friends, Kara Nally Band and Kettle of Fish. A VIP Section will also be available with preferred seating under the tent. Additionally the vip tickets include the BBQ contest, alcohol, beer and a meal from Bridge Street Bistro.
The BBQ contest is amazing too! From 2-6pm local restaurants will compete to see who can make the best barbecue!
Mark Saturday, November 30th on your calendar ~ we have a great way to get in the holiday spirit!
That evening from 5pm through 10pm, we are all welcome to enjoy the first official holiday Lighting of Bridge Street. Bring your friends, family (both human and furry) to Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island. The night will come alive with live holiday music by “Ted Stevens and the Doo Shots”. There will be shopping, crafts, food and a full bar available. The exact location is 107 Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach….but leave the car at home! You can let loose, have a good time and shake your tail feathers by taking the free Anna Maria Island Trolley!!
What a fun way to follow up an island Thanksgiving!
This is the first of many merry holiday events on Anna Maria Island, beginning in the city of Bradenton Beach.
For more information on the host, Bridge Street Merchants, click here.
The Blue Marlin Restaurant on Anna Maria Island serves only the freshest local seafood and is a great spot to catch local musicians. Located on Historic Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach the Blue Marlin offers a unique dining experience in an intimate setting. The Blue Marlin is a nautical theme restaurant with local artwork and pictures throughout the restaurant.
Owner Adam Ellis has extensive knowledge of the local seafood market and purchases fresh fish daily in the Village of Cortez which provides the exquisite entrée selection and daily specials featuring the day’s catch. If you’re not a seafood lover try their famous steak sandwich, short ribs, or roasted chicken you won’t be disappointed.
If you’re in the mood for live music after dinner than the courtyard is the spot for you. The courtyard at the Blue Marlin offers live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings in a very relaxing outdoor setting featuring different live bands every week.
So the next time you’re in the mood for tasty food and live music head down to the Blue Marlin on Historic Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach.
121 Bridge Street
Bradenton Beach, FL 34217
Sorry Rotten Ralph’s Restaurant is no longer open in Bradenton Beach. Breakfast with Santa on Anna Maria Island is no longer available through Rotten Ralph’s. The Anna Maria Island Privateers normally have several opportunities to see Santa!
Rotten Ralph’s Restaurant on Anna Maria Island invites you and your family to join a breakfast buffet with Santa. There will be goody bags for the children and free raffle tickets for a beautiful ceramic Santa on a sleigh. Coffee, hot tea, and soft drinks included. Bring your camera to take pictures with Santa. Santa will be there from 9am to 11am on Saturday December 15th.