From beach café’s to fine dining Anna Maria Island has it all! I took the Free Anna Maria Island Trolley around the island in search of my top ten favorite restaurants. I found that I like almost every restaurant on Anna Maria Island, and here are my top ten…
1) Have lunch at Tortilla Bay after….
2) Shopping at Irene’s – the only island Brighton retailer!
3) Watch the sunset at Café on the Beach on a Friday night
4) Take a photo of friends inside the Anna Maria City Jail
5) Split a banana split at Joe’s Eats and Sweets
6) Visit one of America top beaches and spend the day on Siesta Key beach.
7) See a movie at Burns Court – independently owned theater in Sarasota that shows independent and interesting films
8) Trivia night on Tuesdays at Lakewood Ranch Beef O Bradys!
9) Sarasota Main Street Friday nights Art Walk – galleries open late and all local artists showing their work
10) St. Armand’s Circle Walk – start at the South end for dinner at Tommy Bahamas and end of the 360 gets you at Kilwins for ice cream!
Anna Maria Island – Amy is an Island resident and vacation specialist at Island Real Estate. Here is her list of things to do when visiting Anna Maria Island. From the beach to the attractions, there is always something fun and new to experience across Anna Maria Island’s three cities! Try out some of Amy’s suggestions, and enjoy your time spent on Anna Maria Island.
9 ) While on Bridge Street go to Bridge Tender for lunch
8) Walk out on the Bridge Street pier
7) Ice cream at Joe’s Eat’s and Sweet’s
6) Walk to the beach for a sunset with your ice cream
5) Kayak in Robinson’s Preserve
4) Eat or visit the Rod n’ Reel restaurant
3) Visit or have a picnic at Bay Front Park
2) Dine at the Star Fish Restaurant
1) Rent or take a boat out in the Gulf of Mexico or Tampa Bay
1. Lay out in the sun is the top thing I’d do!!!
2. Karaoke out on Siesta Key Captain Curts
3. Dinner at Waterfront Restaurant
4. Site seeing on Mystic Dolphin
5. Deep sea fishing – Used to use Flying Fish Fleet before they moved to Marina Jack’s in Sarasota
6. Mote Marine
7. Shopping at St. Armand’s Circle
8. Dinner at the Columbia House Restaurant on St. Armand’s
9. Ride the Trolley with no set destination
10. Breakfast and coffee at Ginny and Jane E’s
I found this very difficult because there are so many beautiful sunsets on Anna Maria Island and I was there with my camera snapping away.
These are like my children and it is not easy to kick any out. They all are such creations and for that I do not take the credit. I do love sharing them with you and especially to the visitors who are here maybe only a few weeks out of the year. This allows you to catch the sunset on Anna Maria on a weekly basis. It is my hope that you will get busy on your keyboard and click on each picture to enlarge them. That way you get details to help you make your selection. I want you to comment on your favorite and I will then try to narrow it down to the top ten. I would prefer for my viewers to select your favorite sunset. I can view sunsets every night but I post them for your enjoyment and pleasure. Please select and then enjoy the sunset!!
Written by Melinda Bordes ~ 941-705-0146 ~ Whether buying or selling real estate on Anna Maria Island or surrounding areas I can assist you with all of your real estate needs. Wouldn’t a condo for Christmas be a great gift under the tree? Please enjoy the photos below and let me know your favorites!
Paradise needs to have a rainy day or two. If you are unfortunate enough to catch a rainy day while on Anna Maria Island there is still plenty to do. Most things to do on a rainy day are off the island in Bradenton, FL however it is just a short drive away. Most area attractions off Anna Maria Island can be found on Manatee Avenue or Cortez road. Below is our top six things to do while enduring a rainy day on Anna Maria.
Bowling on a Rainy Day
Just off Anna Maria Island in Bradenton you can find Bowling. Only 15 minutes from Anna Maria, FL you will find open bowling just of Cortez. Visit our Florida Bowling Blog for more information.
Go take in the latest big screen movie. The Oakmont Theater is a newly renovated theater just of Cortez only 15 minutes from Anna Maria Island. There you will find all the normal requirements necessary to enjoy the latest blockbuster of a movie. Popcorn, reclining seats, hot dogs, candy, soda, everything you need to gain those extra 5 lbs needed to ensure you were on a true vacation. One last note, if you are looking for a movie on the “cheap” and don’t require the newest Movies, try the Desoto Dollar Movie Theater. Just 15-20 minutes from Anna Maria Island, Fl.
Go work out at one of many local fitness centers. At the time of this blog there are two fitness centers on Anna Maria Island. One is located in Anna Maria City and Holmes Beach, Fl. Both have plenty of equipment to ensure you have plenty to do to keep the calories burning. The Anna Maria City fitness center is about half the size while the Holmes Beach fitness center has more room as well as double the cardio equipment.
Restaurants on Anna Maria Island
Go out to anyone of our fabulous restaurants on Anna Maria island. Obviously outdoor seating will not work well under rainy circumstances but there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. Whether it be a breakfast or lunch just to catch up or a 5 course meal your are sure to find plenty of choices on or off Anna Maria Island.
Read a book at the Library
Go relax and read a good book or catch up on the latest magazine gossip or news at the Holmes Beach City Library. For a small amount you can become a member of the library. Of course you only need a library card if you plan to take books, CD’s, or DVD’s home for review there. It’s absolutely free to use the 8 computers they have on site with Internet as well as use their Internet hub for your laptop. They have an amazing collection of DVD’s, VHS movies, as well as some recent publications for self help or the latest novel you have been looking to read. The children’s area has plenty of books, games, a computer for their use as well as soft plush toys to play with.
Pamper yourself with a spa day. Anna Maria Island enjoys many “full meal deal” spas that can accommodate your every whim. Massage, pedicure, hair, sea wraps, you name it. Anna Maria City, Holmes Beach, and Bradenton Beach boasts several spa choices to choose from. In addition there are several individuals that will come to your vacation rental and give you a massage in your accommodations. Perhaps on a covered beach front patio? It’s a bit tough to schedule a rainy day in paradise but you should be able to plan your spa day last minute as there are plenty of choices on Anna Maria Island.
Enjoy your Anna Maria Island beach rental
The benefit of a beach rental is the feeling of being in a home, and not just a hotel room. Many of the Island Real Estate beach rentals offer great amenities and activities. During your visit you may find DVD players, board games, books and wireless internet to keep you entertained. Some beach rentals also come equipped with ping pong, billiards or Foosball!
Rainy days make you want to curl up on the couch and nap. What better place to do that than in a luxury beach rental?
Anna Maria Island beach rentals
Finding the perfect Anna Maria Island beach rental is easy when you chose Island Real Estate! You’ll find Anna Maria Island’s largest selection of beach rentals, villas, condos and single family homes. Plan your beach rental getaway today!
(Note, there are several links below with further information. Just look for the underlined items…example, this link is to Island Real Estate’s web site.)
10. Go gift shopping…There are lots of shops on the island in Anna Maria City, Holmes Beach, and Bradenton Beach. Don’t spend all your time looking for the perfect trinkets or gifts for the dog or house sitter…but it’s allowed to spend one or two afternoon’s checking out our local artistic and craft flavor. Don’t forget to try out the FREE Anna Maria Island trolley that runs the entire length of the island. This makes traveling the island carefree, what more could you ask for?
9. Take a day trip…Heading South down to Sarasota is a neat experience and the journey provides plenty of entertainment. Take Gulf Drive South through Longboat Key and enjoy the Gulf scenery on the 30 minute drive South. If you have children go to the Mote Aquarium which has fantastic things to do for children. When complete with Mote, go just down the street to St. Armand’s Circle where you can take in lunch or dinner and briefly walk through shops in the early evening. You can also make St. Armand’s circle an entire day trip for those of you that are shop-a-holics. Just be sure to bring lots of money, it’s not uncommon to see T-shirts for $25 – $50 per pc.
8. Grab a kite, Frisbee, football, volleyball and get out on the beach and get some exercise. Throw it around with your children. Build a sandcastle or just a wall that holds back the Gulf water. So much to do on the gorgeous white sandy beaches of Anna Maria Island.
7. Rent a bicycle and ride around Anna Maria City. There is something great about biking up and down the streets of Anna Maria City. Start at White avenue and work you way North up the streets. Be sure to take a ride down Beach and Park while the Huge trees still exist. They are gorgeous and offer a once in a life time view of PURE nature. Bicycle riding also lets you search for your next vacation rental or “peace” of paradise. There is nothing like searching for Real Estate while feeling the breeze through you hair. If Real Estate is more your speed, check out our properties for sale.
6. Anna Maria City Piers…Go up to Anna Maria City and take a walk on the Historic Anna Maria City Pier at the end of Pine Avenue or walk the pier at the Rod and Reel Restaurant. If you try the public city pier at the end of pine street, stop at the outdoor plaza just across the street where you can find great shopping and even better, ICE CREAM. Grab a ice cream cone and walk the pier or grab lunch or Dinner at Rod and Reel pier. If you like fishing, bring a fishing pole and pick up an inexpensive fishing license and try fishing off one of the piers.
5. Take a Nap…So you know you have achieved “Anna Maria” relaxation if you are able to take a nap in the mid day. I know, this is too good to be true especially if you have young children. I can promise you if you make this a priority it can happen on Anna Maria. There is nothing better than hitting the beach in the morning, having a bite to eat, and then taking a mid day nap! aaaahhhh
4. Local Dining….Go to a local burger hang out and eat like the locals. There are several fabulous local dining areas where you can pony up to the bar or just have a good down to earth hamburger with french fries. If you are still not out of the work mode and you want to multi task then hit the Manatee public beach and eat lunch at Cafe on the Beach or at Skinny’s just across the street. If you have been successful in your journey to RELAXATION and multi-tasking is not necessary then try Hurricane Hanks, Duffy’s, or Rod and Reel pier.
3. Shelling…Walking the beach looking for nature’s little treasures is a wonderful way to unwind. This is one of the best things to do on your first day of your vacation. I often find it difficult to unwind from work so creating a task for myself lets me take step one of many steps before I can just lay on the beach and do nothing. Going cold turkey and laying on the beach the first day can be difficult for a lot of people so searching for shells conveniently has a goal and your children canparticipate in the fun!
2. Of course, Go to the beach…have a day or several days at the beach. A beach umbrella can make a summer visit a little more enjoyable but there is no better way to relax but to go to the beach and enjoy the Gulf of Mexico. Remember, leaving items behind or equipment on the beach overnight is a big no-no. Sea turtles climb up on the beach at night and can easily get caught up in beach equipment and die. Reminder no dogs allowed on any Anna Maria Island Beaches.
1. Walk, Drink, watch a Sunset…Take a walk about 2 hours prior to Sunset time. Either bring beverages with you or stop in at one of many of the Gulf Front Restaurant’s on the island and have an appetizer, cold beverage, reconnect with family and friends while watching the sun go down over the Gulf of Mexico. If the conditions are perfect who knows you might even see the green flash!!