When visiting Anna Maria Island there are plenty of fitness activities to keep you feeling healthy during your paradise getaway. Enjoy a great vacation guilt free when you try out these Top 11 fitness activities on Anna Maria Island.
Top 11 Fitness Activities
1. Going to the gym: Kick boxing class with Reggie is best! I love working out with my personal trainer Brenda and doing the different boot camps offered! Recently Island Fitness has relocated to the Anna Maria Island Center formerly known as the Anna Maria Island Community Center.
– Island Fitness: 407 Magnolia, Anna Maria City, FL 34216
– Phone: (941) 778-5200
2. Fit Crew: Great boot camp style work out (very similar to CrossFit) sometimes they have a beach work out on AMI!
– First class is free! Come and see if you like it!
– 608 19th Ave West, Bradenton, FL 34205
– Phone : (941) 447-9272
3. Bike riding from the Anna Maria Island to the Robinson Preserve and back. If you are looking for other parks nearby check out our list here.
– I love the 11 mile back ride, easily done in 1 hour, always able to spot local wildlife!
– Robinson Preserve: 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton, FL 34205
Phone: (941) 748-4501
4. Bike riding to Harry’s Continental Kitchen on Longboat Key.
– The food is amazing!
– This is about a 16 mile bike ride.
– Harry’s continental Kitchen: 5600 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228
– Phone: (941) 383-0777
Insider tip: The Coquina Bike path is a great low key bike path that takes you off the streets and lets you bike on a side walk close to the Beach!
5. Paddle boarding or kayaking around the bayous and gulf side. Love the workout and being able to be out on the water while getting a tan!
9. Go Legs Spin Studio very close to IMG Academies. Hour long spin sessions and toning with weights.
– 2 projectors in the studio to watch music videos and replays of real
Cycle races such as the Tour de France.
– 3549 53rd Ave. West, Bradenton, FL 34210
– Phone: (941) 896-7885
If you are looking to enjoy a little night life while visiting Anna Maria Island we have got you covered! Here is our top ten night spots on Anna Maria Island. By the way in no particular order and tried to include the normal outfits found for patrons visiting the night spot. We would classify night spots into three categories; Motorcycle bar, Coastal Vacationer bar, Local bar or a mixture of Vacationer and Local.
Top Ten Night Spots
1.Hurricane Hanks– Laid-back sports bar with a fantastic menu! I have never had a bad meal at Hurricane’s so grab a drink and enjoy some great eat’s. My father love’s grabbing a gin and tonic with the scallops and bacon appetizer. Business casual is normally the outfits found at Hurricane Hanks and this is a mixture of Coastal Vacationer and Locals.
5346 Gulf Drive,
Holmes Beach, FL
2. Island Time Bar & Grill– Great atmosphere with live music & a tasty menu! Coastal casual wear is what would be found at Island time and this is a mixture of Coastal Vacationer and Locals.
111 Gulf Drive
South Bradenton Beach, FL 34217
3.Cortez Kitchen– Located not too far off the Cortez Bridge, this outdoors, laid back restaurant most likely will have a live band, good food, and a good time in store for you. Good mix of coastal visitors and locals makes this a good choice for any type of evening you are looking for.
4528 119th Street West Cortez, FL 34215
4. Bridge Tender Inn & Dockside Bar– Inside is the sports bar and restaurant, outside’s a tiki bar with live music, right on the water, and even a flat screen for game days! Located in Bradenton Beach just of Bridge Street. Parking can be a challenge so bring your patience or ride the trolley! Good mixture of Coastal Vacationers and Locals.
155 Bridge Street
Bradenton Beach, FL, 34217
5. Dcoy Ducks – Great nightspot with live music, poker nights and more! Located in the heart of Holmes Beach right next to the Feast. Go grab some fabulous food at the Feast and walk less than 30 feet to Dcoy Duck’s! Normal outfit would be a tshirt with some casual shorts. Leather could be included but this is a good mix of visitors and locals that patronize this bar. Mixture of locals, coastal vacationers and motorcyle patrons.
5410 Marina Drive,
Holmes Beach, FL
6. Drift Inn– Small town bar on historic bridge street. Normal outfit could include a little leather but likely includes a t-shirt and some torn up blue jeans. More of a feel of motorcycle patrons along with locals.
120 Bridge Street,
Bradenton Beach, FL
7. Anchor Inn– Friendly bar with pool tables and darts. This is one of several local bars located just South of Publix. Normal outfit would include a little leather. More of a feel of motorcycle patrons along with locals.
3007 Gulf Drive,
Holmes Beach, FL
8. Bortells – Pinball, video games, and pool tables. Normal outfit would include a little leather and some blue jeans.
10002 Gulf Drive
Anna Maria, FL
9. The Doctor’s office is located within a short 2-3 minute stroll from the Feast or Dcoy Ducks. The Doctor’s Office is a craft cocktail bar. They have small bites, wine, beer and some unique cocktails to offer. This is a very quaint and cozy bar that reminds me more of a cigar parlor with comfy seats and fabulous staff that works to meet your every whim. Normal outfit would be business casual and this has strong coastal vacationer feel.
5312 Holmes Blvd
Holmes Beach, FL
10. Slim’s– Great place to watch sports! Great food, billiards and live entertainment. This for sure is a local hang out and many nights they host after party teams from the Anna Maria community Center extracurricular evening sports activities. Normal outfit would be coastal wear with some shorts. Coastal vacationer and local hangout.
9701 Gulf Dr.
Anna Maria, FL
We have plenty of more suggestions for places to visit while on Anna Maria Island. Visit our nightlife information page.
By the way – there is no reason to drink and drive on Anna Maria Island. Check out the free monkey bus or the free Anna Maria Island Trolley for plans to let someone else handle the heavy lifting while out on the town!
Still have some time before the day is over? Venture off Anna Maria Island to take in some epic shopping in Tampa or at the Ellenton Outlet Mall. Don’t forge there are some fabulous gift and beach shops all across Anna Maria Island!
So now it’s night time. What is there to do? Sleep? Not a chance! You’re on vacation so let’s keep the party going! Check out a couple prime locations to watch the sunset and then get ready for the nightlife. Do you sing in the shower or the car? Not anymore because now you’re going to be singing in front of a crowd that is cheering you on as you croon through each chorus at one of the numerous karaoke bars in the Anna Maria Island area. Doesn’t sound quite like your glass of beer? Then check out our favorite night spots!
Anna Maria- While playing by the beach is always a good time, relaxing at your Anna Maria Island cottagey with some good movies can be just as fun! Many websites such as Netflix, HBO, and Amazon offer these movies to stream, and because most of our properties come with WiFi you can watch what you’d like at your leisure! While there are many great movies to watch when vacationing by the beach, here’s a few of my favorites.
5 Movies to Watch on Vacation
1. 50 First Dates
Personally one of my favorite romances, 50 First Dates is about a man named Henry who sets his heart on a girl named Lucy. However, little does he know that he has a huge obstacle in his way, Lucy’s short term memory loss. Because of this, every morning Henry must woo her again. This movie is comical, heart-warming, and overall the perfect movie to watch on vacation! This movie is PG-13.
2. Teen Beach Movie
Any kid or family who loves music and the beach will love this Disney movie! Surfers Brady and McKenzie are magically thrown into a 1960’s movie musical, and are forced to make friends with the characters in order to get back. However, they accidentally change the story line when the movie’s main hero and heroine fall in love with them instead of each other! As the movie takes place at a beach, (of course!) any family is sure to enjoy this movie while vacationing on Anna Maria Island. If you’re looking for a movie marathon, there is also Teen Beach Movie 2. This movie is rated G.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
If you love adventure and romance this movie will be one of your favorites. Captain Jack Sparrow finds himself at Port Royal with no ship and no crew. His timing couldn’t be more perfect however as later that day a pirate ship attacks the town and takes none other than the governor’s daughter. A blacksmith named Will Turner happens to be in love with her, and allies with Jack in order to get her back. With so much adventure and an ever exciting plot, you’re sure to love this movie! It is rated PG-13.
4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
This movie is perfect for vacationing teens who are keeping in touch with their friends back home. Four best friends named Carmen, Tibby, Lena and Bridget are spending their first summer apart. Before they leave, Carmen finds a pair of “magic” jeans at the thrift store that happen to fit all the girls different body types. In order to keep in touch, the girls decide to send each other the jeans over the summer for luck. While the girls are facing tough times, they know their friends will be there for them in the long run. A touching and funny movie, this movie is perfect for all ages and is rated PG.
If you’re into scarier movies, Jaws is right up your alley. Beginning when a young women is killed by a shark, Sheriff Martin Brody wants to close the beaches. However the mayor and a few other businessmen are not happy with this idea as it will lower revenue. Brody is forced to back down, when that following weekend a boy is killed by the predator as well. The boys mother proceeds to put a price on the capture of the shark, and soon a local fisherman and an archaeologist join Brody to find the Great White Shark. While this movie is fantastic I do have a warning! As you ARE vacationing at the beach, if the thought of sea creatures such as stingrays and sharks makes you squeamish to go into the water I wouldn’t recommend watching Jaws. This movie is rated PG.
Island Real Estate located at 6101 Marina Drive has dominated the local Anna Maria Island Real Estate market for several decades. That means for you we have the most listings on the island that our professional sales staff has intimate knowledge of.
Anna Maria- When lounging at the beach on Anna Maria Island it’s always smart to have some music playlists you love. According to greatist.com, listening to music can help reduce stress and elevate mood. Mix that with chilling by the ocean and you’re sure to be your happiest self! Whether you’d rather relax or play at the beach, we’ve created playlists for however you’re feeling. Jam out and have fun!
With artists such as Jimmy Buffett, Zac Brown Band, and Bob Marley you’re sure to get in a beachy mood! Made up of songs new and old, this playlist is great for relaxing or hanging out with the family.
Taking it back a few years, this playlist includes Steve Miller Band, The Who, and Rolling Stones. Turn up the music and rock out to your favorite RnB songs! (But not too loud as to not disturb other islanders!)
Halloween is a fun time of year where we get to play pretend and live out our imaginations. If you’re imagination is full of thoughts of the beach, here are our five favorite beach-inspired Halloween costumes:
5. THE HULA GIRL
Luaus and hulas might be a Hawaiian tradition, but we have to respect the beautiful tradition and overall appeal of the hula girl.
No humanistic character has a closer relationship to the sea than the mermaid. We can’t help but be jealous of life spent in the ocean and love to see the little mermaids who stop by the Island Real Estate office to trick or treat.
These are some of our heroes. Lifeguards and other first responders who protect our beaches and keep our loved ones safe are near and dear to our hearts, so grab shorts and tank tops and represent for the lifeguards this Halloween.
2. SHARK BABY
Not everyone can pull this one off. But if you have the chubby cheeks for it, you can’t go wrong with a shark baby disguise. It’s both ferocious and irresistible at the same time.
No. 1 TAMI SEA TURTLE
Tami the sea turtle is our Island Real Estate mascot and our favorite Halloween costume concept. Just imagine all of the extra candy you can store in that shell!!
Hey dudes and dude-ettes!! You’re back with The Island Kid right here on Kids Corner, the best place to get the best news on Anna Maria Island. I’m here today to tell you guys about the absolute best places on the island to get your ice cream fix. Now, here on Anna Maria Island, there are plenty of places you can go if you want a frozen treat to eat. But if you’re unsure of which places are best and which places to rule out. Read on for good info!
Best Places for Ice Cream on Anna Maria Island
1: Two Scoops: This ice cream shop is a small shop nestled between Two Sides of Nature and across from the Anna Maria City Pier. With 32 rotating flavors, some as weird as blueberry pie and as normal as your classic vanilla, your pallet will always be pleased. They also have pastries, assorted lunch foods, and candy bars.
2: Dips: An ice cream shop near Three Island Monkeys and The Loft #5 in Anna Maria, this itty-bitty place packs the punch when it comes to ice cream. With thousands of flavors and topping variations, your experience will never be a bore. Plus the classic candies and toys on the wall are great for a trip down memory lane.
3: Stir it Up: Recently opened on Pine Avenue, this is a frozen yogurt shop with some colorful walls. . . and toppings, too! Pick a flavor or two, or all of them, then add the topping(s) of your choice. This place charges by the ounce, so take as much as you desire. With many revolving flavors and 36 different garnishes, the possibilities are endless! 🙂
4: Joe’s Eats and Sweets: This place is the bomb.com. It’s got everything from chocolate to cotton candy & nerds and more! They also have pie on a stick-yes, on a stick- and various types of milkshakes and malts. This place is big colorful building right near Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach, so climb the steps, and check it out!
5: Holy Cow: No, I’m not shocked, they just have really good ice cream! This place has many different combos of flavors and toppings, plus much more. They include a little mini gift shop inside the shop, plus indoor and outdoor seating. So feel free to enjoy your ice cream while browsing the trinkets.
(Bonus Insider Tip: One more for good measure- Tyler’s Ice Cream is just over the bridge in Cortez Village. Well worth the jaunt to enjoy some delicious gourmet flavors-literally hundreds over the years! They have locally themed, as well as delicious classic flavors…and finding out what their latest is, is always part of the fun. Their ice cream sandwiches are delish! But creating your own flavor of shake just can’t be beat!
Bonus Bonus tip – about 15 minutes off Anna Maria Island is a fantastic custard shop called Sweet Berries. They mix all kinds of goodies in their custard ice cream and call it a concrete. yum!
Whether you’re looking for just one spot or want try them all, these places are the best on the island. So next time you’re visiting, go check ’em out! Let us know what you thought, and check back with us here on Kid’s Corner.
Looking for tasty food while you’re on the Anna Maria Island? Well you’re in luck we have composed list of island restaurants from fine dining, to beachfront restaurants, pizza, and where to get the best burger on the island. We have plenty of tasty restaurants to choose from on AMI but the ten restaurants below are a MUST VISIT!
1) Beach Bistro in Holmes Beach – Enjoy fine dining on the Gulf of Mexico with an excellent wine selection and amazing entrée’s.
6600 Gulf Drive
Holmes Beach, FL, 34217
2) Sign of the Mermaid in The City of Anna Maria – A unique dining experience on Anna Maria Island with award winning key lime pie.
This information page provides Anna Maria Island top ten ice cream shops. Well summer is here once again! Nothing is better than spending a day on the beach soaking up the warm Florida Sun, and swimming in the Gulf of Mexico. One of my favorite things to do after a day at the beach, and one of the best ways to cool down during the summer heat on Anna Maria Island is to grab an ice cream treat. So I spent the day traveling the Island in search of the best ice cream and candy treats in the area.
Today’s blog is about the Top 10 Anna Maria Island Things To Do With Kids. Essentially, the best stuff to do on Anna Maria Island. I’ve come up with a list of the best places to go & the greatest things to do while on your vacay on the island. It’s filled to the rim with mind-blowing fun for everyone, whether it’s mini-golfing or grabbing exotic ice cream – just read this list & choose one, some, or all of the activities to do during your summer, & it’s sure to be a blast.
Top 10 Must-Do’s of Your Summer on A.M.I:
1: Hang at Bayfront Park & have a picnic. This park is right on the beach located on the north end of the island in Anna Maria & is sure to entertain everyone. They have a playground, covered eating areas, & grills for all of your needs
2: Go fishing off of the Rod & Reel or City Pier. Both located in Anna Maria on the north end of the island, these piers are sure to help you get some big fish. Buy your bait there or bring your own. You don’t even need a license. Just bring your gear to fish & there’s always someone to help you out.
3: Bring your skateboard and visit Bradenton Riverwalk which is just 20 minutes into Bradenton, Florida. For Anna Maria Island skating visit the Holmes Beach Skate Park.
4: Go for a round of mini-golfing at the Fish Hole on Bridge Street. This place is located on the Historic Bridge Street in Bradenton Beach & is tons of fun. With 18 different holes each named after a different fish, fun history, & fish feeding, the Fish Hole is a great place for a post-beach activity.
5: Play volleyball or build a sand castle on the Public Beach. This place has two volleyball courts in the sand, a playground, a cafe right on the beach, & a lifeguard on duty. It also has an ice cream & gift shop with all of your beach necessities.
6: Rent a kayak & explore the island waters. Many places on the island offer low-rate kayak renting prices with different styles & sizes, as well as the amount of time you can rent them. You can freely take your kayak out into the Gulf of Mexico & paddle along as you travel across the shore & see the sights.
7: Search for unique & pretty shells on the shore near you. On the A.M.I. beaches you can find endless different types of shells, clams, & coquinas in many different shapes & colors. Some of the shells have holes in them, perfect for making a necklace, bracelet, or other jewelry. This multi-purpose task is loads of fun for everyone.
8: Play soccer, football, or baseball at the Holmes Beach or Community Center fields. These places offer the free use of their fields. All you need to bring is your sports gear & a good time. This is a fun way to spend your time, especially if you like sports.
9: Walk down Pine Avenue & explore all the cool shops & attractions. Pine Avenue is known for its unique shops & historic sites. With many boutiques, eateries, & history, the activities are endless. The activities include bocche ball outside of the Olive Oil Outpost, small festivities in front of the Flip-Flop Shop & Candy Stop. The Flip-Flop Shop is also a must-do for kid island vacationers that love sweets & small treats. Yum!
10: Have fun & enjoy your stay on A.M.I. Pick a beach & bodysurf, swim, or soak up the sun. With all of these activities to do & more, you’ll have so much fun.
Just follow these steps and you’ll be guaranteed to enjoy your summer lots & lots. Stick around, because more Kid’s Korner is coming your way. Enjoy your summer!!!