When visiting Anna Maria Island there are plenty of fitness activities to keep you feeling healthy during your paradise getaway. Enjoy a great vacation guilt free when you try out these Top 11 fitness activities on Anna Maria Island.
Top 11 Fitness Activities
1. Going to the gym: Kick boxing class with Reggie is best! I love working out with my personal trainer Brenda and doing the different boot camps offered! Recently Island Fitness has relocated to the Anna Maria Island Center formerly known as the Anna Maria Island Community Center.
– Island Fitness: 407 Magnolia, Anna Maria City, FL 34216
– Phone: (941) 778-5200
2. Fit Crew: Great boot camp style work out (very similar to CrossFit) sometimes they have a beach work out on AMI!
– First class is free! Come and see if you like it!
– 608 19th Ave West, Bradenton, FL 34205
– Phone : (941) 447-9272
3. Bike riding from the Anna Maria Island to the Robinson Preserve and back. If you are looking for other parks nearby check out our list here.
– I love the 11 mile back ride, easily done in 1 hour, always able to spot local wildlife!
– Robinson Preserve: 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton, FL 34205
Phone: (941) 748-4501
4. Bike riding to Harry’s Continental Kitchen on Longboat Key.
– The food is amazing!
– This is about a 16 mile bike ride.
– Harry’s continental Kitchen: 5600 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228
– Phone: (941) 383-0777
Insider tip: The Coquina Bike path is a great low key bike path that takes you off the streets and lets you bike on a side walk close to the Beach!
5. Paddle boarding or kayaking around the bayous and gulf side. Love the workout and being able to be out on the water while getting a tan!
9. Go Legs Spin Studio very close to IMG Academies. Hour long spin sessions and toning with weights.
– 2 projectors in the studio to watch music videos and replays of real
Cycle races such as the Tour de France.
– 3549 53rd Ave. West, Bradenton, FL 34210
– Phone: (941) 896-7885
If you are looking to enjoy a little night life while visiting Anna Maria Island we have got you covered! Here is our top ten night spots on Anna Maria Island. By the way in no particular order and tried to include the normal outfits found for patrons visiting the night spot. We would classify night spots into three categories; Motorcycle bar, Coastal Vacationer bar, Local bar or a mixture of Vacationer and Local.
Top Ten Night Spots
1.Hurricane Hanks– Laid-back sports bar with a fantastic menu! I have never had a bad meal at Hurricane’s so grab a drink and enjoy some great eat’s. My father love’s grabbing a gin and tonic with the scallops and bacon appetizer. Business casual is normally the outfits found at Hurricane Hanks and this is a mixture of Coastal Vacationer and Locals.
5346 Gulf Drive,
Holmes Beach, FL
2. Island Time Bar & Grill– Great atmosphere with live music & a tasty menu! Coastal casual wear is what would be found at Island time and this is a mixture of Coastal Vacationer and Locals.
111 Gulf Drive
South Bradenton Beach, FL 34217
3.Cortez Kitchen– Located not too far off the Cortez Bridge, this outdoors, laid back restaurant most likely will have a live band, good food, and a good time in store for you. Good mix of coastal visitors and locals makes this a good choice for any type of evening you are looking for.
4528 119th Street West Cortez, FL 34215
4. Bridge Tender Inn & Dockside Bar– Inside is the sports bar and restaurant, outside’s a tiki bar with live music, right on the water, and even a flat screen for game days! Located in Bradenton Beach just of Bridge Street. Parking can be a challenge so bring your patience or ride the trolley! Good mixture of Coastal Vacationers and Locals.
155 Bridge Street
Bradenton Beach, FL, 34217
5. Dcoy Ducks – Great nightspot with live music, poker nights and more! Located in the heart of Holmes Beach right next to the Feast. Go grab some fabulous food at the Feast and walk less than 30 feet to Dcoy Duck’s! Normal outfit would be a tshirt with some casual shorts. Leather could be included but this is a good mix of visitors and locals that patronize this bar. Mixture of locals, coastal vacationers and motorcyle patrons.
5410 Marina Drive,
Holmes Beach, FL
6. Drift Inn– Small town bar on historic bridge street. Normal outfit could include a little leather but likely includes a t-shirt and some torn up blue jeans. More of a feel of motorcycle patrons along with locals.
120 Bridge Street,
Bradenton Beach, FL
7. Anchor Inn– Friendly bar with pool tables and darts. This is one of several local bars located just South of Publix. Normal outfit would include a little leather. More of a feel of motorcycle patrons along with locals.
3007 Gulf Drive,
Holmes Beach, FL
8. Bortells – Pinball, video games, and pool tables. Normal outfit would include a little leather and some blue jeans.
10002 Gulf Drive
Anna Maria, FL
9. The Doctor’s office is located within a short 2-3 minute stroll from the Feast or Dcoy Ducks. The Doctor’s Office is a craft cocktail bar. They have small bites, wine, beer and some unique cocktails to offer. This is a very quaint and cozy bar that reminds me more of a cigar parlor with comfy seats and fabulous staff that works to meet your every whim. Normal outfit would be business casual and this has strong coastal vacationer feel.
5312 Holmes Blvd
Holmes Beach, FL
10. Slim’s– Great place to watch sports! Great food, billiards and live entertainment. This for sure is a local hang out and many nights they host after party teams from the Anna Maria community Center extracurricular evening sports activities. Normal outfit would be coastal wear with some shorts. Coastal vacationer and local hangout.
9701 Gulf Dr.
Anna Maria, FL
We have plenty of more suggestions for places to visit while on Anna Maria Island. Visit our nightlife information page.
By the way – there is no reason to drink and drive on Anna Maria Island. Check out the free monkey bus or the free Anna Maria Island Trolley for plans to let someone else handle the heavy lifting while out on the town!
Still have some time before the day is over? Venture off Anna Maria Island to take in some epic shopping in Tampa or at the Ellenton Outlet Mall. Don’t forge there are some fabulous gift and beach shops all across Anna Maria Island!
So now it’s night time. What is there to do? Sleep? Not a chance! You’re on vacation so let’s keep the party going! Check out a couple prime locations to watch the sunset and then get ready for the nightlife. Do you sing in the shower or the car? Not anymore because now you’re going to be singing in front of a crowd that is cheering you on as you croon through each chorus at one of the numerous karaoke bars in the Anna Maria Island area. Doesn’t sound quite like your glass of beer? Then check out our favorite night spots!