The Anna Maria Island Community Center will be offering a Mixed Movements and Bare Bones Ballet Combo Class! The class is held every Friday from 9:30am to 11:00am with dance instructor Mo Dye! Please be sure to check the Community Center site for up to date information.
Easy dance routines are one of the best ways to get your blood flowing and heart pumping. The class will start off with some core strength building through ballet followed by a cool down and stretch. Improve your overall strength and stamina all while learning some new dance moves. The class costs only $12 for members and $17 for non-members.
When visiting Anna Maria Island there are plenty of fitness activities to keep you feeling healthy during your paradise getaway. Enjoy a great vacation guilt free when you try out these Top 11 fitness activities on Anna Maria Island.
Top 11 Fitness Activities
1. Going to the gym: Kick boxing class with Reggie is best! I love working out with my personal trainer Brenda and doing the different boot camps offered!
– Island Fitness: 5317 Gulf Dr, Holmes Beach, FL 34217
– Phone: (941) 778-5200
2. Fit Crew: Great boot camp style work out (very similar to CrossFit) sometimes they have a beach work out on AMI!
– First class is free! Come and see if you like it!
– 608 19th Ave West, Bradenton, FL 34205
– Phone : (941) 447-9272
3. Bike riding from the Anna Maria Island to the Robinson Preserve and back. If you are looking for other parks nearby check out our list here.
– I love the 11 mile back ride, easily done in 1 hour, always able to spot local wildlife!
– Robinson Preserve: 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton, FL 34205
Phone: (941) 748-4501
4. Bike riding to Harry’s Continental Kitchen on Longboat Key.
– The food is amazing!
– This is about a 16 mile bike ride.
– Harry’s continental Kitchen: 5600 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key, FL 34228
– Phone: (941) 383-0777
Insider tip: The Coquina Bike path is a great low key bike path that takes you off the streets and lets you bike on a side walk close to the Beach!
5. Paddle boarding or kayaking around the bayous and gulf side. Love the workout and being able to be out on the water while getting a tan!
9. Go Legs Spin Studio very close to IMG Academies. Hour long spin sessions and toning with weights.
– 2 projectors in the studio to watch music videos and replays of real
Cycle races such as the Tour de France.
– 3549 53rd Ave. West, Bradenton, FL 34210
– Phone: (941) 896-7885
Natalie Monti is a certified Yoga Instructor, and teaches with confidence, clarity, and compassion while guiding her students of all ages on their journey of self discovery.
Through yoga you can expect to increase strength and flexibility, reduce stress, improve balance and coordination and see improvement in sports performance such as golf and tennis.
Classes fill up during the winter season so contact Natalie today to get started. Also ask about pilates, group yoga sessions, or private Yoga session at your residence or Anna Maria Island Vacation Rental.