Anna Maria Island – Easter is just around the corner and there’s no shortage of places and ways to celebrate it on Anna Maria Island. Whether a church service, or some Easter Bunny fun, there is something to do for everyone.
Early Easter morning everyone is invited to the Manatee Public Beach in Holmes Beach at 6:30am for the 50th All-Denominational Easter Sunrise Service. Bring a blanket or a chair to watch and sit and take the trolley if you can!
• CrossPointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, 778-0719. There will be a service on Good Friday at 7 p.m. and an Easter Sunday service at 9 a.m.
• Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, 778-1638. Stations of the Cross at 5:30 p.m. on Monday through Wednesday, April 14-16; Eucharist and healing at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 17; Maundy Thursday service at 7 p.m. includes foot washing, stripping of the altar and the vigil in the garden; the vigil in the garden continues on Friday, April 18, at 8 a.m. and there will be a Good Friday service at noon entitled Seven Last Words. On Easter Sunday, they will there will be a Eucharist Rite 1 with music at 7:30 p.m., at 9 a.m. Rite II with music, a 10:15 a.m. Easter egg hunt and an 11 a.m. Rite II with music.
• Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, 6778-1813. There will be a Maundy Thursday service at 7 p.m. on April 17, a Good Friday service at noon and 7 p.m. and on Easter, services at 8 and 10:30 a.m. plus a brunch and Easter egg hunt at 9 a.m.
• Harvey Memorial Community Church, 300 Church Street, Bradenton Beach, 779-1912, will hold a service on Easter at 9:30 a.m.
• Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria, 778-0414. will celebrate Palm Sunday April 13 at 9 and 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary. On Maundy Thursday, April 17, there will be a celebration of the Lord’s Supper with special music by flautist, Mary Deur, at 7 p.m. On Good Friday, there will be a service at noon. On Easter Sunday, there will be services at 9 and 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary.
• St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach, 778-4769. There will be Holy Week Masses Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. and morning prayer all week at 9:15 a.m.
On Holy Thursday, April 17, there will be a Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7 p.m., an Altar of Reposition in the Chapel until 10 p.m. and a night prayer at 9:45 p.m. There will be no morning Mass on Good Friday, but there will be a Blessing of Easter Baskets at 10 a.m. and an Easter Vigil Mass at 8 p.m. On Easter Sunday, there will be Masses at 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., plus two at 10:30 a.m., one Mass in the church and one in the Parish Hall. Kids will be able to hunt for Easter eggs after the 10:30 Masses.
Church service list thanks to AMISun.com