Welcome to Kid’s Corner! Looking for information about stuff for us kids to do on Anna Maria Island? Well, this is the place to find it! For kids, by kids…this info will help give you ideas while you are staying on our awesome island! Have an idea to share? Please leave us a comment! We want to help you guys learn all the fun that is available on the island…with some insider tips, too! Hope you enjoy your stay on the Gulf Coast, and we hope we can help make it even more fun!
Today’s information is about some of the awesome aquariums near Anna Maria Island There are so many cool places to go if you’re interested in exotic or local marine animals.
To kick it off, there’s the Mote Marine Laboratory in Sarasota. They have 100′s of different animals. Some of them have been injured & are being hospitalized right there in the aquarium. They also have technological games & activities that you can participate in during your visit. You can explore & discover the marine life they have there, touch stingrays in their touch tank & so much more.
There’s also the Clearwater Marine Hospital (C.M.H.) in Clearwater that holds one of the most unique dolphins ever, Winter. If you haven’t seen the movie Dolphin Tale, Winter is a dolphin that lost her tale in a crab trap accident & is the one & only dolphin with that kind of disability. She now has a prosthetic tale & is living happy & healthy in C.M.H. You can see Winter & all her friends at C.M.H. & some of the other activities They have a hurricane simulator, some of the actual props & sets that they filmed in the movie, otters, turtles, & so much more. See more at SeeWinter.com
Enjoy your summer & keep in touch with Kid’s Corner!
Today’s blog is about the best stuff to do on the island. I’ve come up with a list of the best places to go & the greatest things to do while on your vacay on the island. It’s filled to the rim with mind-blowing fun for everyone, whether it’s mini-golfing or grabbing exotic ice cream – just read this list & choose one, some, or all of the activities to do during your summer, & it’s sure to be a blast.
Top 10 Must-Do’s of Your Summer on A.M.I:
1: Hang at Bayfront Park & have a picnic. This park is right on the beach located on the north end of the island in Anna Maria & is sure to entertain everyone. They have a playground, covered eating areas, & grills for all of your needs
2: Go fishing off of the Rod & Reel or City Pier. Both located in Anna Maria on the north end of the island, these piers are sure to help you get some big fish. Buy your bait there or bring your own. You don’t even need a license. Just bring your gear to fish & there’s always someone to help you out. [Read more...]
Welcome to Kid’s Korner, the best place to stop by & see the latest happenings for us kids on Anna Maria. Hey kids, do you have any fun activities planned for this summer while visiting Anna Maria Island? If not, I’ve got plenty of exciting things for you to do. With a diverse choice of activities always going on, summer on A.M.I. is never a bore.
So, let’s start with some fun summer lessons.
- To begin, there is a surf camp run by Eternal Summer Surf Camp that occurs on White Avenue beach every Sunday from July 8th to August 12th from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Instructors will give instructions & demonstrations on how to surf & let you surf tons yourself. For more information, visit www.EternalSummerSurfCamp.com.
- Also, there are sailing lessons by Bimini Bay Sailing happening right now. They offer 6-hour teaching courses by experienced sailors. You can choose your boat that best fits you, & go out into the water as they teach you the basics on sailing. If you are interested, visit www.BiminiBaySailing.com for more info. You’re sure to learn some new skills during this summer.
Next are the camps.
- Anna Maria Island Community Center offers a youth & teen program called “Summer My Way” that involves sports, arts & crafts, field trips, specialty camps, & much, much more. You can pick & choose your activities & join many others as you enjoy your summer, your way. Their website is www.IslandCommunityCenter.com if you want to learn more, find out about the specialty camps, or choose a camp. You could choose one week or every week, just a specialty camp, or just the field trips.
- Also, Crosspointe Fellowship Baptist Church runs a Vacation Bible School for K-5th graders for one week in the summer, July 16th-20th from 9 a.m. to noon. They plan to go on many adventures & uncover mysteries. Find out more at at www.CrosspointeFellowship.com. Your summer is sure to be a blast no matter which way you toss the dice.
Looking for something fun to play with? Here on Anna Maria Island, we have rental shops. These rental stores have a great variety of merchandise – you can rent anything from golf carts to sail boats & everything in between.
- For example, at Beach Bums on Pine Avenue, you can rent different types of bikes & boards, kayaks, golf carts, & more. My family & I have rented a golf cart previously, & they’re pretty cool. On Anna Maria Island, they let you drive your golf cart on the street, so it’s pretty awesome. But because they allow you to ride them on the street, your parents will be the ones doing the driving, while us kids get to ride in style. These golf carts vary in size, color, & designs, & you could have one for just 2 people, or one for you & your entire family. They offer the free use of helmets & life jackets with rental. Their bike types include regular two-wheelers, quad-bikes, cruisers, tricycles, tandems, electric & surrey bikes, along with bike seats for babies & toddlers. They have nature hikes & other kids activities you’re sure to love, as well. If you wish to see more attractions & recommendations, go to www.BeachBumsAMI.com.
- What’s more, Bimini Bay Sailing offers rental sailboats for a small fee. You can choose your sailboat & how long you wish to rent it. They offer Sunfish, Lasers, Zumi, & everything in between. They go from an hour to a month, & delivery is optional. More facts can be found on the same site as their sailing lessons. These rentals are a unique way to get around the island.
So no matter what you do or when you do it, it’s certain you’ll have a great summer here on Anna Maria Island. There’s more to come, so be sure to visit again soon. Have a terrific summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!